Charlie is always getting himself into dangerous situations. But this week he took it to a whole new level. He was going outside to play when I thought I heard the hose turn on or something. I went out to check only to find this cute little guy dancing for Charlie less than two feet away from him! All I could think about was how fast the venom would rush through Charlie's 25 pound body. So I flipped out! I grabbed him and brought him back into the house. David was there to spray the snake away with water. Thankfully no one was hurt. Except for the snake. Grandpa Chaunce had to behead him with a shovel. Poor snake. Was that too harsh? I'm just so grateful to the snake for giving me a warning sound to make me come out to check. In a way the rattlesnake saved my sons life. Ive always been amazed by these pit vipers even though they have a deadly bite. I kept the rattles. Maybe I should put them in Charlie's baby book.